Pages

Thursday 14 September 2017

JAI #377: Just Add Colour

Hi!

I'm a bit excited for this week's Just Add Ink challenge!


This week it's a colour combination, suggested by Rochelle, and I think it rocks! I love the mix of blues, and the addition of Lemon Lime Twist gives it a fresh lift. What do you think?


As I was very enthused about this combo, I decided to cut loose and have a lot of fun with it. You know that fun = mess, don't you? LOL

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Best Birds, Swirly Bird, Playful Backgrounds, Embossing Paste

Would you believe that there are three different stamp sets used on this card? I started with the swooshy stamp in Playful Backgrounds in Pool Party. I then stamped some splatters from Swirly Bird in Dapper Denim over the top. I then got out my Embossing Paste and added some Lemon Lime Twist, before applying it over the top of the stamping using the diamond mask from the Pattern Party Decorative Masks.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Best Birds, Swirly Bird, Playful Backgrounds, Embossing Paste

While it dried, I stamped and watercoloured the images from Best Birds. I've had this bundle for a year and hardly used it - now that I've started playing with it, I'm not sure why I haven't done so before now. It's a great set!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Best Birds, Swirly Bird, Playful Backgrounds, Embossing Paste

I sort of ran out of room for a sentiment on the front, so I had to put it in the inside. I really tried on the front, but there wasn't anywhere to put it that didn't look tacked on. Oh well, sometimes it's good to break the rules and not put one on at all.

You can see what the rest of the Design Team have created with this fun colour combo this week over at the Just Add Ink blog. We'd love to see what you do with it too.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. I love the colors from this weeks challenge. And what a great card you made with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Tina! The depth of the background stamping and the cleanliness of the design is gorgeous 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely stunning card, Tina. I totally adore the stamped and embossed background, the colours look amazing. Your bird is coloured so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Tina. That stamp set is over of my fav's from the annual catty and in those colours is looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your textured background is amazing Tina for a stunning card! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty! Love the beautiful colored image! Love the gorgeous bird!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.