Pages

Wednesday 26 July 2017

AWH HOC: Week 9

Hi!

I nearly didn't think I'd make it with my Heart Of Christmas card this week. Now the kids are back at school, I'm doing all of the jobs I couldn't get done while I had them home. I do make crafting a bit of a priority though, so I eventually found a little time.


This week I feel like I was a little adventurous. I recently purchased the Foil Frenzy SDSP, even though at first glance I wasn't too thrilled with it. I do like the spotty design, so in the end it won me over.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Foil Frenzy SDSP, Carols Of Christmas

Using metallics on a card automatically gives the card a bit of a luxe feel, which is sometimes what you want in a Christmas card. The Lemon Lime Twist gives the card a very modern look - it really is a light, fresh colour.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Foil Frenzy SDSP, Carols Of Christmas

After stamped the baubles on either side of the sentiment, I added a rhinestone to each to finish them off. The smallest ones in the packet are just he right size for the little ornaments.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Foil Frenzy SDSP, Carols Of Christmas, Santa's Sleigh

I carried the ornaments over to the inside too. They are from a new stamp set that SU will have available to purchase next month. It's called Carols Of Christmas, and has a matching Thinlits set called Card Front Builder Thinlits. I think the name thinker-uperer was having a bad day - it's not a great name for a fabulous set of dies! You'll be seeing lots of cards using them on the 'net I'm sure.

You can pop on over to Claire's blog to see the ret of the cards that the Art With Heart girls have made this week. I always enjoy looking at them, and commenting on each of the blogs. It's a great way to spend an hour or so of a Wednesday.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. I do love the fresh, contemporary feel of your card, Tina. A great way to use the big greetings from Carols of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina that colour combo is so fresh and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glimmer and shine provided by the foil paper, and rhinestones, are lovely touches, Tina. I really like the ornaments stamped in Lemon Lime Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card Tina, great change to traditional Christmas colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and fresh look to your card Tina. I'm really enjoying seeing so many non-traditional colours in our cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Tina! I still haven't come at using Lemon Lime Twist yet but I think you might convince me yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour and what a great use of the sentiments Tina great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Tina, love your style!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.